What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water tray?

• Thread starter Sage269
  • Start date
I will be leaving home for most of a week. I have had my first Nepenthes for about a month. I have found that if I don't water it every day I start loosing pitchers.
My understanding is that they do not like sitting in water. Should I leave it in 1/4 inch water while I am out of town? Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

How tall are your pots? I think as long as your pots aren't super small, allowing them to sit in a quarter inch is just fine. My neps are on the tray method continuously!
I'd be more worried about them drying out in the week than being too wet. Make sure you leave enough water to not dry out!

The pot is 3 inches high.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20211203_071712.jpg
    20211203_071712.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 1
Yeah, I'd lean to wet. Too wet for a week I wouldn't expect an issue, I too tray water my Nepenthes (majority in the intermediate range). You can also use an aqua globe, you can look at either of my recent indoor Nepenthes posts and see them in use (when they were small).

Back