What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water on the Pitchers

MrFus

Do you like that...
I think this has already be discussed before, but Im not 100% sure.

The fact is one of the newest pitchers on my Ampullaria have a really small lid, and today I see that the pitcher is full like 2/3, Im thinking part of the contend of liquid inside is water from when it get watered (I have a set of small sprayers and the timer run the pump 3 times at day)...

What I can do, I mean is this situation really bad, or I can just water only two or one time and let the pitcher absorb the excess of liquid inside (water only the base by hand to dont risk to put more water in the pitcher and keep soil wet)?

It doesn't matter.Think about when it rains in the wild and what happens then. In the wild, nobody (at least that I'm aware of) goes around and drains rain water from pitchers. If there was someone, I think I wouild want that to be my next job!

xvart.

that would rule, except for the insect bites. i bet borneo has hellacious mosquitos, and god knows what else

getting back on topic...:poke: :jester:

i think it's fine...

as said, think of rain...

You are right, Im going to just close a little the sprinker and let the plant deal with the water on the way that they do on the wild, Im sure she/he will be able to do that.

Plus the bellii is recovering good, Im not sure if is the quantity of water or light and temperature.. but I dont want to change any of this factors and help the plant to recover 100% before we start going on the next climatic season and deal with new numbers (I hope keep the same temperature and moisture level on the Pop-up green house than now so I will not affect growing and health ont my nepenthes)...

Back