What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (trade) Wanted: 'Lady Luck'! I have Neps, Orchids, Isopods, and Berries for Trade.

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
EDIT: This is now closed. I'll make a new updated post. Thanks for looking!

I'm looking to trade sometime after December (weather permitting).

Wanted:
Nepenthes 'Lady Luck' (ampullaria x ventricosa)
I've wanted this plant for years!!! I could buy it, but I'd rather trade.
I'll take a fresh cutting, rooted cutting, full grown plant, anything!

For Trade I Can Offer:
* Nepenthes aristolochioides x diabolica (small rooted cutting)
* Epidendrum radicans (Fire-Star Orchid - several canes, up to 1' tall)
* Rubus flagellaris (Wild Dewberry Vines - like blackberries, but better!)
* Cubaris murina 'papaya' (Pink Isopods - large colony of 50)

PM me to trade!

Last edited:
Surprised you can keep Nepenthes aristolochioides x diabolica alive. As I understand it, both parents are highlanders -- and Georgia definitely isn't. :)

I think that plant came from me originally, so I can speak to it being an oddly tolerant thing. I make no long term promises but it's handled 8ish months in an intermediate tent just fine, while growing like a weed. I think it will probably appreciate as cool a windowsill as it can be given, but it's leagues more tolerant than its parents, at least in the medium term.

Surprised you can keep Nepenthes aristolochioides x diabolica alive. As I understand it, both parents are highlanders -- and Georgia definitely isn't.
I have the Nepenthes aristolochioides x diabolica growing indoors with my other windowsill Neps. Humidity and temps are the normal house comfortable conditions.
I recieved it with a few other Nep. cuttings and it's been one of the first to acclimate out of it's plastic bag!

I think that plant came from me originally, so I can speak to it being an oddly tolerant thing. I make no long term promises but it's handled 8ish months in an intermediate tent just fine, while growing like a weed. I think it will probably appreciate as cool a windowsill as it can be given, but it's leagues more tolerant than its parents, at least in the medium term.
Yes! It is one (of the two) that you sent! Both cuttings made it and I'm loving them, but all I need is one, so I'm offering this one up. :)
The plant seems to have hybrid vigor and maybe hybrid tolerance too!

Last edited:
Most Nepenthes hybrids end up being more intermediate growing plants, even hybrids between solid highlanders. Some end up being more sensitive, but the majority are tolerant enough of warmer night temperatures. N. rajah x mira grew well for me over the summer and that was in conditions that were borderline lowland, though it's definitely much happier now that its colder and getting highland temperatures. Same for N. robcantleyi x burbidgeae and N. lowii x ventricosa 'Peter D'Amato'. N. rajah, N. burbidgeae, and N. lowii would be dead within a few weeks in those temperatures, but the hybrids are fine and growing well.

I've never grown a N. diabolica hybrid though, so it might have more of an influence over its hybrids, but given how closely related to N. hamata it is I doubt it.

So when ya posting some pics of your baby's pitchers there, Acro?

So when ya posting some pics of your baby's pitchers there, Acro?
I've been meaning to take some photos, maybe in a week or two? I don't know, but I do want to share! Either way, I'm out of town for the moment so I can only take photos of the beach! :D ;)

Found someone to trade with. :)

So this is pending until the agreement is final.

EDIT: CLOSED

Last edited:
Back