What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video of LASIK - graphic for the queasy!

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Hey guys. Well, I got sick of glasses so I got contacts in the 8th grade. Now I'm sick of them, too. My prescription for contacts is -3.25 (I know, it's ridiculous!) and I've been begging my parents for like 2 years to let me have LASIK for my 18th birthday (you have to be 18 to have it). They finally said I could and I was researching it and found videos. I thought some of you guys would be like me and be horrified and amazed at once.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O4kDC4sZ5Jg&mode=related&search=

I got it done about 3 years ago and I don't regret it one bit. My prescription was 4.50 for both eyes so I was pretty much blind as a bat. If you were standing 5 feet away from me I wouldn't be able to tell if you were looking at me, now my eyesight is 20/20 and hasn't regressed at all. It definitely has paid for itself considering I went through 1 to 2 pairs of glasses a year (falling asleep with them on and eventually crushing/deforming them beyong repair) not to mention my contacts and contact solution.

My eyes are at 6 & 6.50, so I guess I'm blinder than a bat. I've worn glasses since I was 7 and am not willing to have my eyes shredded now.

Hahahaha, I haven't finished yet, but this music is SO unfitting that it's awesome. That and I love the high tech gizmo that can be decribed only as a can opener that they use to make the cut. hahahaha

Interesting and a hoot.

I would love to have it done but I can't afford it. :(

Back