What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT's & Cobra Lilys at Home Depot

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
So I came to work at the Depot on Saturday. My head cashier comes up to me and says, "Guess what came in!" I had no idea. Then she shows me a display of VFT's, 1/3 were gone already. All season long they don't get any and now that it's at the end of the growing season, they bring them in. Today I was cashiering in Garden and one of the associates there, that knows that I'm into CP's, asks me if I'd seen the plants. I mentioned the VFT's that I saw and she said that they also got in.... and sold out of something else. So I ask if they got in cobra lilys. She didn't know what that was and I drew a picture. Then she drew a picture. They got in cobra lilys and I missed it! The think is, nearly all of our plants don't belong to Home Depot. What comes in is dictated by our suppliers. They own them and they are on consignment. So I asked that she make a suggestion to the supplier. In theory, if something "sells like hotcakes", then it makes sense to bring in another batch. I just wished I had known about them when they were fresh off the truck.

They also brought in Lithops.

Oh man that sucks.. Maybe leave your number with a co-worker so they can give you a heads up.

Good idear!

Dang! I never get any CP's at my Home depots. Only the lowes here and they have just purps, ventricosas, and adelaes.

Btw, I was a cashier for a summer there a year back too. I always enjoyed being in the garden except on Memorial Day and Mothers Day LMAO.

Back