What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

venus flytrap seeds

Does anybody have or know someone with large amounts of VFT seeds, say in the 2000-3000 range? if so, get back to me, Thanks.

Ok off topic but why do you need that many VFT seeds?
smile_k_ani_32.gif
That might be like a couple pounds of seed

im acuately asking for a friend, im not sure if he has a specific reason, he just asked me to ask around, so here i am.

my guess would be a study of some sorts, or maybe he's doing a mass genetic build up from a flytrap to make a half flytrap, half man
laugh.gif

i'd say baking purposes...like bagels

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bybliz @ June 28 2006,6:43)]i'd say baking purposes...like bagels
Yea, instead of poppyseed buns, you'ld have VFT seed buns. A hot new health fad.

lol, dont say that! some high class people might get a whiff of this and start buying up all the VFT and their seeds to make their new hign class VFT bagels and whatnot.

Maybe the ICPS Seedbank could help?

Depending on how quickly you need the seeds...you could buy a quantity of mature VFT plants and hand pollenate the blooms. I'm not sure how many plants you would need in order to yield 4,000 seeds, though.

Amazingly enought 3-4 thousand VFT seeds would fit into one of the smallest baggies and probably wouldn't even cost extra postage to ship.
A wholesale seed company wants around $85 / thousand. Does your friend want this many seeds for free? Jest curious
Lois

Hello there eveyone. I'm very interested in owning a venus flytrap Dionaea muscipula so
if there are some here who is very kind to share some of their
seeds please e-mail me at allain_skywalker@yahoo.com. Thank you very much. I'm from the philippines.

Back