What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venus flytrap seedlings

PitcherPlantJunkie

PitcherPlantDruggie
Hey guys, I recently bought some venus flytrap seeds and they just germinated. However, on the seller profile, it said that the venus flytrap was the red form. I was wondering if the venus flytrap seeding's suppose to look red or at least have s little bit of red on them. Thank you very much for answering

Dionea do not breed true. That means that an all red clone will not exclusively produce red seedlings. Some will keep the red color to varying degrees and others will look like typical flytraps.

Dionea do not breed true. That means that an all red clone will not exclusively produce red seedlings. Some will keep the red color to varying degrees and others will look like typical flytraps.

Plus, with red varieties, they usually don't start showing the red until after exposure to sufficient light. I don't know if any show red right out of the seed. Give them time and good light.

Back