What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Veitchii Hose Mountains

Hey guys

Will be getting one soon and i want to grow it in typical highland conditions but i heard that its more of a intermediate then a highlander....Plus the plant is i guess already adapted to lowland conditions...I've seen cool growing neps growing quite well in hotter climates but having smaller leaves and smaller pitchers and less colour..So thats why i want to move this little guy i will be getting to its coller conditions which if i want to must be my chiplak terrarium which has temps during the day at max 29C and and night when i cool it down it goes around 14-17C mostly on the cooler side sometimes even reaching 13C...All this temps i'm just relying on a rm5 thermometer..I'm on the fence here...Should i grow it in highland conditions or lowland conditions?? Too cold not good too hot not good either..Also i heard they grow slower in pure highland conditions..Anyways if you guys have this plant grown in whatever conditions i wanna take a look post ya pics

Ken

Back