What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vegetarian VFTs?

Lately i have heard talk of people feeding their different CPs leaves because they contain the same nitrates needed. Are these people smoking something they shouldn't be? or is it true

My guess is that they are smoking something very very BAD.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The 92nd Fish @ May 28 2004,12:26)]probably smoking their flytraps!
Hmmmm....that gives me an idea....

:: Walks over to traps ::

smile_n_32.gif

Oh God, don't do it! Won't somebody please think of the flytraps.
biggrin.gif

looks like some1 is growing hemp plants...
if u are, send some seeds
smile_m_32.gif

j/k, j/k

Feed your VFT's spurilina and they'll turn into just that...
Now about the leaves...

They're carnivores. They're Audrey 2. They don't do vegetarian. That's like the the M & M commercial - It's just not natural!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (saladshooter @ April 22 2002,5:14)]Lately i have heard talk of people feeding their different CPs leaves because they contain the same nitrates needed. Are these people smoking something they shouldn't be? or is it true
I have only come across one site where fertilizing VFTs was recommended.  They also stipulated that you should only do a foliar feeding by applying the fertilizer to the leaves with a Q-tip.  A Q-tip was recommended for the application of the fertilizer to prevent applying so much fertilizer to a leaf that it ran down the leaf to it's base or dripped into the soil where it might damage the roots.

If someone is willing to try that and show the results, I encourage them to GO AHEAD! That's cuz I don't want to lose my VFT
biggrin.gif
(and my *only* VFT for that matter, yes, newbiestic isn't it?)
confused.gif
smile_m_32.gif

...or risk losing it
smile.gif
smilie4.gif

Would any pro reccomend that? I'm serious but I don't think so though...

Back