What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Varying light frequencies with LEDs

Did you purchase your LED's online?

Yes, from Wistuba. He had them custom built from some company in China.

First of all I want to say, many of the shop is selling Chinese LED light red and blue, but a lot of people say that there is no effect, plant or avoid excessive growth, but I think of the power they light is not enough, I also use the LED lamp for a period of time, the feeling can also be, but the night opened the LED lamp some terrorist. \r\n

Mato, did they tell you what the wavelengths are on both the red and blue LEDs? Since Wistuba really knows his stuff had them custom made I would imagine they're what plants need...but I am still curious.

Mato, did they tell you what the wavelengths are on both the red and blue LEDs? Since Wistuba really knows his stuff had them custom made I would imagine they're what plants need...but I am still curious.

The strip I purchased is comprised of only red and blue LEDs. I don't know the exact frequency of each, but I would say roughly 630 nm for red and 475 nm for blue. Not that it makes a big difference, but my strip does not include close UV-A.

Back