What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give Away For Active Members Various non CP's, giveaway for postage

• Thread starter RandyS
  • Start date
Note: I'm going to keep this open for a trade until late afternoon Sunday. At that point I'll change it to a giveaway for postage. I will be impossible to contact early afternoon.

The giveaway is open to members who have participated in discussions. These should be sent Priority Mail, as many cuttings were taken on Friday. It will likely be less than 1 pound, from California. I will need to be paid by Paypal immediately so I can get it in the mail. Packages won't freeze here, but they could at your destination or in transit. Plan accordingly. I do not have heat packs.

I have propagated most of these in the past. Ask if you have questions.

I maybe able to add something. Again, ask.

Any trade or giveaway includes all of these. I suppose you could refuse what you don't want...

Sinningia tubiflora, 5 tubers. From what I'm told, pretty much anything from this plant can start new plants. They are extremely prolific, and quickly fill a pot with tubers. I've been told they do a little too well in the ground. So they are probably best in pots.

Sinningia tubiflora tubers.jpg

Begonia bogneri, two small leaf fragments for propagation. I've used sphagnum for propagation in the past. In that case, I insert the "correct" end into the moss. I'm guessing they would propagate even if left in the bag like this, and exposed to light. A more conventional approach would be to remove them, place on top of soil, and keep in saturating humidity under lights. You should get plantlets in 2-3 months.

Begonia bogneri tiny cuttings.jpg

Homalocladium platycladum, unrooted cutting.
I would cut this into several cuttings. Cuttings often root in water, but not always. Moist perlite might be safer:

Homalocladium platycladum cutting.jpg

Tradescantia pallida 'Kartuz Giant', rooted cutting.

Tradescantia pallida 'Kartuz Giant' rooted cutting.jpg

Petunia exserta: Lots of tiny seedlings. A huge cluster of these appeared in a pot where the plant grew last year. I'm pretty confident of the identification.

Petunia exerta tiny seedlings.jpg

Crassula 'Red Pagoda' cutting. Note that there are lots of individual plantlets that can be separated and potted up.

Crassula 'Red Pagoda' cutting.jpg

Kohleria 'Jester' small rhizome pieces.

Kohleria 'Jester' rhizomes.jpg

Streptocarpella cutting.
This should be cut into smaller pieces. I left the dead flower spikes on. Note that there were one or two at every node.

Streptocarpella Cutting.jpg

Tinantia pringlei cutting.

Should root in water very easily. This plant is mostly purple spotted; I managed to take a cutting which is mostly solid color.

Tinantia pringlei cutting.jpg

Attachments

• Sinningia tubiflora tubers.jpg
    Sinningia tubiflora tubers.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Begonia bogneri tiny cuttings.jpg
    Begonia bogneri tiny cuttings.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 1
I'm switching this to a giveaway for postage. The package includes everything. If there is no immediate taker, I will crosslist it on another forum as well. I really want to mail these tomorrow.

Again, I will send Priority Mail, less than 1 pound, I need postage reimbursement by Paypal in advance. They will freeze in cold, so decide if that's an acceptable risk.

I thought I had misplaced the Petunia seedlings, so I added a tiny leaf (1 inch) of Pinguicula gigantea. So both are part of this.

Last edited:
I missed this till now, but wow, such a generous offer!!!
Inspires me to do a giveaway soon too!

Back