What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vacation tips?

Hello!

Just looking for some ideas how to keep my plants happy and watered while on a trip. Last time I was gone for 9 days I just put them in a tray with half an inch of water and they were perfectly happy when I got back. This time I'm gonna be gone for 12. Think that's pushing it? Should I be safe if i leave them in a little extra water like maybe 3/4 an inch?

What's the longest you've left your plants without having someone water them?

Leaving your plants in some water should be fine. There aren't many plants I think that would rot that quickly. What plants is it that you're leaving?

Leaving your plants in some water should be fine. There aren't many plants I think that would rot that quickly. What plants is it that you're leaving?

Various nepenthes hybrids and a few species. 12 in total. They're all windowsill plants so at least I wont have to worry about high temps or blowing fans causing too much evaporation.

Back