What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia Trap Photos

• Thread starter HerdyGerdy
  • Start date
Hey everyone,

I thought I'd share photos of Utricularia traps that I've taken using a high magnification scope. I find it fascinating that there are quite a few structural differences between species, probably related to the environment that they are catching prey. The few aquatic species I've photographed have much longer appendages compared to the terrestrial and tropical species.

Enjoy!
Rebecca

U. lateriflora
U. laterflora.jpg

U. blanchetii
U. blanchetii.jpg

U. fulva
U. fulva.jpg

U. graminifolia
U. graminifolia.jpg

U. livida
U. livida.jpg

U. pubescens
U. pubescens.jpg

U. rostrata
U. rostrata.jpg

U. sandersonii "Blue"
U. sandersonii blue.jpg

U. dichotoma
U. dichotoma.jpg

U. alpina
U. alpina.jpg

U. biloba
U. biloba.jpg

U. calycifida
U. calycifida.jpg

U. gibba
U. gibba.jpg

U. longifolia
U. longifolia.jpg

U. nephrophylla
U. nephrophylla.jpg

U. praelonga
U. praelonga.jpg

U. tricolor
U. tricolor2.jpg

Very cool photos. Don't often get to see pictures of utricularia traps like this. Based on all the different pictures you have here it seems you also have a pretty good array of utricularia species too.

Thank you! I've been trying to get a wide variety of Utrics. I recently got my hands on U. jamesoniana, I'm looking forward to taking photos of those traps as well.

These images are amazing. Especially so being my favorite Genus and a bio Major!

Thanks for sharing!

Very cool photos! Thanks for sharing!

Back