What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia for my pots and a rock?

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
I have some potted Neps and Drosera growing using the tray method, indoors and under lights. I'd like to have a short Utricularia species growing in their pots under and around them.
I'd also like to try growing Utricularia on a moist rock, like some of our members have done with Pings. What Utricularia might work in both situations?

Last edited:
I grow U. nephrophylla which seems to grow happily in a peat and sand mix. It is a lithophyte in nature though, and might grow on rocks with small pits of padded moss. It also doesn't grow too tall.

You could probably choose just about any terrestrial species to grow in those pots. As for the rock, I'm not sure. There are plenty of epiphytic species but I'm not sure about lithophytes.

Thanks for the replies! :D

So what's a common weedy spreading Utric that will live happily in my pots with it's larger CP relatives?

Last edited:
I found that sandersonii spread pretty quickly. It puts out a lot of stolons above the soil surface

Back