What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia alpina species profile

Nice write up. Your alpina flowers certainly look very nice. I can't wait until my pot decides to start flowering.

Thanks, but that plant doesn't actually belong to me, my friend who I run the blog with grows it. He doesn't use the forums so I do the posting whenever one of us writes an article :D

Thank you for sharing this - your friend grew a striking plant! I'm with Grey Moss - I hope my plant flowers soon. I just got it in the spring and have really enjoyed the leaves as they unfurl...but a plant that could be in bloom basically all year long...yes, please!

Hey thanks for posting the write up!

I just ordered a new U. alpina and was looking around for growing tips to jog my memory - those flower pics have got me jazzed, though I suppose it will be a long, long while before I ever see them depending on how big my plant is upon arrival. ha ha

The first U. alpina that I acquired back around 2002 or so got a few scale insects on it along with the N. rajah it was growing next to so being a newbie I sprayed them both with a pyrethium insect spray and it melted the alpina pretty much overnight (the rajah did just fine). I kept the container for a while hoping for a rebirth and nothing happened after some months so I finally dug around in the sphagnum and there was nothing left under the soil.

Back