What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USPS tracking

• Thread starter bluemax
  • Start date

bluemax

Lotsa blue
Supporter
Has anyone else had this problem? I'm trying to figure out if it is my local post office that is to blame or the US Postal Service in general. I have a package that I labelled and purchased postage for through the online "Click-N-Ship" tool on the USPS website that has been in the hands of the post service for several days now. Unfortunately, when I use the tracking tool on the same website it says that postage has been received but the package is not yet in their hands, so no tracking info. Experience has shown that it is probably on its way to its destination but it will probably only be scanned into the system once it is almost delivered. This makes me crazy and could lead the package recipient to not believe me when I tell them it is on its way. I wonder if this is a wide-spread problem or just one that my local office has?

I have not experienced that, sounds like it wasn't scanned at pickup, but also would have to skip other scans within the system unless it was picked up (not scanned) then set aside somewhere so it's not been involved in any further scans either. :-\ That would be really frustrating. :'(

Happens on and off fairly frequently unfortunately; the rate of scanning that occurs with things I send out or receive range anywhere from gets scanned several times a day all the way along the route, to "package accepted-package delivered."

I tend to err on the side of paranoia .... Even when using Click-n-Ship, I drop the pkg off in person at the counter to make sure it gets scanned. (Why bother with C-n-S then? Still saves a little bit of time at the counter.)

Thanks for the replies, guys. I am reassured that this problem is not just a local issue but seems to be agency-wide. Due to Covid, I have tried to 'get in and get out' when I go to the p.o. but it might well be worth taking packages to the counter in the future, as DragonsEye says.

I get to know my mailman, so they know what I'm dealing with and I can get a feel for them. Rarely, when there is a sub I may have a problem, but having who I speak to often pickup from my house is by far the best option to ensure a scan (other than going to the desk for confirmation).

I get to know my mailman, so they know what I'm dealing with and I can get a feel for them. Rarely, when there is a sub I may have a problem, but having who I speak to often pickup from my house is by far the best option to ensure a scan (other than going to the desk for confirmation).
Yes, that does seem to be a good alternative. I have had at least one pick-up from my house that wasn't scanned at the time but getting to know your postal carrier could be a remedy if they know how important it is to you. I don't mean to criticize the Postal Service as I am sure they have lots of challenges and I know they employ many good people.

Come on now... we all know that many of their employees don't care about the job they do. :p Hence "get a feel for them" lmao

Too true. Still waiting for my sarracenia seeds that I ordered in september to come. Disappeared in the mail.

Back