What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown nepenthes with bulbous red pitchers

Hi everyone! Lovely forum you all have. I'm an amateur collector of carnivores with 3 nepenthes and a handful of others.

Can you identify this nepenthes?
21AfwxD.jpg

dwRtYJu.jpg

It has cute, relatively large reddish pitchers with no spots and nice small bright green leaves. I've had it for over a year and it seems really happy in household conditions in a bright sunny window with daytime temps at 65-70 and night time 55-60. Low-ish humidity doesnt seem to bother it and it lives in a peat/long fiber sphagnum/sand mix and only gets distilled water or rainwater.

If you have any other tips to help it thrive I would appreciate it very much. Thanks!!

EDIT: Anddddd of course I post this in the wrong place for my first post. Meant to put it in the ID forum.Sorry about that!

Last edited:
You appear to have a "Lady Luck" which is a commonly available cultivar. It is also sometimes called "Bloody Mary".

Thanks for the quick reply and the ID! Do you know if it does well as a highland or a lowland?

This hybrid should be very tolerant of a variety of conditions. It's often sold as a houseplant.

I grew one for awhile and the only conditions it didn't like was Ultra Highland. Its parents are ampullaria and ventricosa.

Looks like 'Lady luck' to me. It's a hybrid that should be tolerant to a wide variety of conditions. If it's doing well in your current conditions, no need to change anything.

If you give it more light, the pitcher will turn a beautiful deep red as will the leaves.

Back