What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uh-1D Huey

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Yesterday I had the opportunity to not only ride in one of these historic helicopters but I rode by by the door while it was open, It was an amazing experience.

261453822O080269690.jpg

261453877O842565582.jpg

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sx72_skWJho&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

that is just awesome, ill bet it was one hell of a ride :banana2:

~b

Get some

Pretty cool. I bet I would get airsick though....

I bet this scene went thru Ozzy's mind..................

Get some ;)

That's just downright cool. Did the song "Flight of the Valkyries" go through your head ?

Thats awsome!
My first helicopter ride was in a Bell 47 at the Oshkosh EAA Airventure last year...

Bell47G2_1.jpg

Here are some pictures I took of the show (in the helicopter) from my cell phone. Sorry, they aren't the best of quality, but pretty good for a cell phone.

n624157482_237480_6995.jpg

n624157482_237481_7304.jpg

n624157482_237482_7612.jpg

Anyone going to Airventure this summer? I'll be there, just like every year!

-Matt

No pics from the helicopter?? :(

That's cool though. But better you than me. I would have been scared ********!

I like to hear big planes...but I don't wanna be ON one. They fly over my house all the time and I'm just waiting for one of those suckers to fall on my house. :suspect:

pak- the video is like 6+ mins of pics from the helicopter all put together flashing by really fast :D haha

I bet you can't see the video though...

They have one of those M.A.S.H. 4077th aquarium bubble helicopters at the Flying cloud AIrfield here by me, i've always wanted to ride in one like from the MASH opening scene - not from the patient transport pod of course!

Wow that looks like it was a fun ride :-O

Awesome! What a ride. How did you score that one?

pak- the video is like 6+ mins of pics from the helicopter all put together flashing by really fast :D haha

I bet you can't see the video though...

lol.

xvart.

Where is the Airventure? They have some cool aircraft C-17, C130, What I think is a KC-135 and a U2. Is that an f-15 or an F-22? I may just have to go this year. I'm planning to go to the big one in Cherry Point in June. I was at an airshow at Seymour Johnson and they had a 117 nighthawk. It was in a hanger barricaded off with a armed soldier standing guard.

Pak, I took a video from the helicopter. My camera don't have the option to take pics while filming.

Awesome! What a ride. How did you score that one?
You didn't hear on CNN about the guy getting lost in the swamp and the National Guard had to come in to save him?

Last edited:
I have always wanted to ride in a Helicopter. That must have been amazing.

You didn't hear on CNN about the guy getting lost in the swamp and the National Guard had to come in to save him?

lol. Yes, I did; but, from my understanding you don't get "lost." You have adventures, right?

xvart.

Getting lost is an adventure.

Fantastic! I'd love to go for a ride in one of those, never had the chance. How long were you up?

The Airventure is in Oshkosh, Wis. I've always wanted to go, but year after year, I cannot those days off from work - everybody senior to me gets those days off! Based on what several friends of mine who go regularly it is well worth the trip up there.

Where is the Airventure? They have some cool aircraft C-17, C130, What I think is a KC-135 and a U2. Is that an f-15 or an F-22? I may just have to go this year. I'm planning to go to the big one in Cherry Point in June. I was at an airshow at Seymour Johnson and they had a 117 nighthawk. It was in a hanger barricaded off with a armed soldier standing guard.
As nightsky stated, EAA's Airventure is in Oshkosh Wisconsin every July. You should go, it's well worth it!

And YES, they definately have some cool aircraft. That picture I took is just a tiny piece of the show, they have tons more.

Sitting there in show center (military) is a C 130, C 17, KC 135, U2 (extremely rare for all of you that don't know), CH 53 Super Stallion (helicopter), T 38 (what my Dad flew, hehe), and an F 15. They frequently change them out so people don't get bored of the same planes.

There was an F-22 there, but probably for secrecy, they didn't put it on display. It did an awsome flight demonstration, though. An F 117 and a B-2 came and did a few passes over the show too.
There's also more warbirds than I can count.

Here are some more cell phone (forgot my camera) pictures:
Heritage flight with an F-22, F-86, and P-38
n624157482_237478_6394.jpg

B-2 (Didn't get to the F-117 in time...)
n624157482_237479_6705.jpg

F-15 and P-51 heritage flight
n624157482_237488_2935.jpg

P-40
n624157482_237489_3218.jpg

P-51B "Precious Metal" This plane crashed and killed the pilot the day after I took this picture. It was all over the news.
n624157482_237490_3511.jpg

Sorry if I hi-jacked your thread, I'll move it if you want me too.
-Matt

Back