What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. longifolia growing leafs in medium

• Thread starter Clusty
  • Start date
Hey,

I noticed that my longifolia is growing a significant number of "leafs" inside the medium itself:
Is it just the normal growth habit or it's "searching" for water ?

tempImagebCM8Kz.pngtempImagepp558T.pngtempImagelqTYrE.png

It's because you're using a clear pot. Fun for observing the traps and such if you don't want to fip the pot in your hand, but will cause leaves to grow where light hits. You could wrap the pot with something to block the light but still allow removal if you want to observe to help prevent this.
Andrew

It's because you're using a clear pot. Fun for observing the traps and such if you don't want to fip the pot in your hand, but will cause leaves to grow where light hits. You could wrap the pot with something to block the light but still allow removal if you want to observe to help prevent this.
Andrew
Thanks. Are those leafs gonna survive just fine or will wind up rotting ?
I was basically following my habit from the other plants I am growing: I am always using clear pots to be able to see how the plant/roots are progressing. I think in this case I might switch it to a opaque pot.

As stated above, completely normal. If they're anything like mine, they'll stay plenty. They have light+humidity down there, if a bit wet!

Back