What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tuberous NOID.

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
Any ideas?

IMG_0264.jpg

Honestly, it looks like a stubbed version of your D. menziesii.

Honestly, it looks like a stubbed version of your D. menziesii.

I know, right. But that also made me think that it wasn't menziesii. So I dunno.. ???

For comparison:
IMG_0262.jpg

If tuber was/is pink it is D.menziesii.

possibly D macrantha ???

I grew some D. auriculata from seed once and there was variation in growth habits;

auriculata01.jpg

auriculata02.jpg

Could be the same thing happening there.

It's hard to tell from the pics but the traps are round rather than peltata shaped. So it's not auriculata..

No, I meant that it could just be a bushier D. menziesii. My pics were meant to illustrate how the same species could look differently for whatever reason.

i know i hooked u up with some D. menziesii ssp.menziesii a while back looks kinda like to to me

Nice droseras, how long did it took for all of you to have tuber droseras of that size?

Thanks!

you mean.. how long was I in the hobby before I got them. Or just how long so far this season?
These broke the surface around Christmas.

you mean.. how long was I in the hobby before I got them. Or just how long so far this season?
These broke the surface around Christmas.

I meant how long will take for them to grow to that size from seed?
I have some auriculata, macrantha, whitakkeri seeds that germinated recently in november, and they haven't really grow at all, they are very very little.

Back