What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truncata

I have a Truncata that is out of control. Has anyone ever grown from cuttings off a mature plant? The vine is like an inch in diameter.

I'm almost certain someone has... I was under the impression that mature plants were the best material for cuttings. I'd go for it - at the very least it'll force your existing plant to grow more compactly.
~Joe

Michael Catalani once told me (CPJungle) that they strike very easy from mature "trunk" cuttings. They just take a looooong time to root and establish. He recommends using tree loppers to perform a successful cutting!

If the vine is that thick, air layering might be a good option to use.

Thanks guys... I'll keep you posted.

My highland truncata just made two basal shoots (it was a long wait). Since the current vine is looking a bit rough from a winter where I didn't really have anywhere to put it, I'm going to try some cuttings soon, so I'm glad you asked the question. If it takes a long time I'll probably wait until I have some greenhouse-y conditions to root them in.

Back