What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip to USA

• Thread starter -=Joel=-
  • Start date
Hi everyone,

I will be going out to America in April and was wondering if there is anything of interest, CP wise, near Wisconsin ? Its up in the north near the great lakes / Canada. Will be going for two weeks and hope to see some of the country side.

Any ideas non cp related also considered thumbsup.gif

Joel

Where will you be in Wisconsin, will you have a car and how much travelling do you want to do?

I'm pretty sure you can see some S. purp purp in Winconsin.

Car yes, willing to travel about an hour, 2 hours max.

Wisconsin is a pretty big place (don't say anything, Rattler) and an hour or two of driving won't cover much of the state. JMurphy97 is in Milwaukee, which is WI's big city in the SE part of the state. It's well over 300 miles from there to the area around the Lake Superior shore. So let us know where you'll be and someone might be able to give you some ideas.

Being from the UK im not used to these big distances lol.

I will be about an hours drive from Chicago if thats of any help. Willing to travel 300 odd miles in one direction, so 600 mile round trip. Not going for the CPs specifically & being the only member of the family who is interested in them I doubt it will be on the wish list of the other family members :blush:

Wisconsin is pretty huge, it probably takes a good 6 - 8 hours to go from the south end to the north end of the state.

If you'd like to stop in for a visit, I'd be happy to show you my nepenthes vault! I'm about 1.5 hours west of Chicago.

Also you'll be close to volo bog which has purps, I haven't been there yet, so I'm not sure if any are visible growing in the wild. Plus this is not our pretty season by any means. It's just the start of the thaw out 'mud' season. So don't judge. ;)

http://dnr.state.il.us/Lands/landmgt/parks/R2/VOLOBOG.HTM#Natural

http://www.richard-seaman.com/USA/States/Illinois/VoloBog/index.html

Have a safe trip!
Nathan

Edit, oops just realized you'd be coming in April! Things might be juuust starting to grow, so who knows!

Back