What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip Report-Gasquet, CA - Part 2 - Darlingtonia, Pinguicula

About a week ago I headed to the Gasquet area of Northern California in search of Darlingtonia californica, Pinguicula macroceras, and Drosera rotundifolia.

Site 3

This site is a very large serpentine seep alongside a highway south of Gasquet, CA. It is almost a wall of Darlingtonia californica and Pinguicula macroceras.

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

Site 4

This site is known as the Darlingtonia Trail, the Darlingtonia Trail is a trail built by the goverment to raise awarenesses of Darlingtonia californica, there are several information boards as well as two viewing platforms.

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0413.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

awesome!

awesome!

awesome!

oh man, those cobras are all red‼ I never knew that they could "tan" up so nicely.

Beautiful!!

Thanks for the VERY COOL pics‼ :D

Phenomenal! Some of those Pinguicula macroceras are huge. I love how they are all growing on that hillside. Very impressive.

Very nice photography, too. Thanks for sharing.

xvart.

The redness is due to dormacy.

Oh wow, the government? I thought they didn't care. :D

In the immortal words of Sylvester, "Thousands of them!"

The redness is partially due to cold temperatures, the other half is because the plants in the Gasquet area are much redder than those found elsewhere.

Back