What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trimming a couple of neps

I'm thinking of cutting down a couple of plants and was wondering if anybody was up to taking them in. They aren't anything very exciting-rather common as a matter of fact. This might be good for someone interested in trying cuttings for the first time.

One is a ventricosa or ventrata-not really sure.
I may take one cutting of a N miranda as well.
Then there is the giant (still) mystery nep that is probably a miranda as well.

All are in windows and considering this is NE Ohio, light just ain't happening. As a result, neither are pitchers. They are all growing just fine, but not pitchering. I'd rather cut them back a little rather than have a plant that only has some pitchers up at the top.

They are all of fairly decent size. The ventathing probably has 7 or 8 inch leaves and the other two are huge.

I'm not looking for much. If you have extra of something or a cutting to take, great. I'll snip the plant just before shipping, wrap it in LFS and cut the bottom if requested. I can even dip it in rooting hormone if you want.

yeah i will happily take a ventricosa or ventrata, i am new to neps so they are some of the ones i am looking for

me me

i would be interested in getting one that isn't a Ventricosa. :) Let me know please. Thanks!

Sara

I would love to try any type of nep cutting...never have before.

Thanks!

I would be interested. I live in Northeast Ohio. I have some experience with neps, but never had a miranda. If you have any available, I'd like to add one to my classroom. Thank you for offering.

ok, hold on! I'll start running out of plant if I don't put this on hold now! I'll see what I can cut and let everyone know.

Back