What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tree rats

At this point, I do not have a soft place in my heart for tree rats, otherwise known as squirrels. They have dug up two pots of S. rubras, a pot of S. purpurea, and knocked over a tray FULL of other Sarrs. They are evil.

My neighbor had some trouble with squirrels chewing holes in his roof. He started off with humane traps, then quickly changed to killing them with a pellet gun. He killed about 30 squirrels within three months! I thought it was cruel until they started getting in my attic!:censor:

We dont have dem darn air squirrels around here much, but we have ground squirrels. Much better behaved.

If I thought I'd get away with it, I'd be shooting squirrels too.

If I thought I'd get away with it, I'd be shooting squirrels too.
Terrible idea! Squirrels collect and bury nuts and seeds. This promotes the growth of new trees and plants. Killing them will promote global warming. :-))

But that's balanced by the elimination of heat generated every time I get steamed by squirrels plundering the fruit trees or rooting around in CP pots. Factor in the elimination of squirrel fart greenhouse gas emissions and the plan's a winner!

Back