What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today is Emperor Norton Day!

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
150 years ago today (9-17-1859) failed businessman Joshua Norton declared himself "Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico". He became something of a celebrity folk hero in San Francisco in his day. Discordian Popes and Subgenii honor this day of mental instability by declaring their right to rule something silly.

In honor of Emperor Norton I want you to declare yourself the Sovereign Emperor of something for one day. Your machine at work, your school desk, your cubicle, your garage, even your toilet seat. Post your declaration here if you wish!

A link to his craziness: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton

396px-Emperor_Joshua_A._Norton_I.jpg

Read the wiki of his exploits and enjoy!

:-D

Wuhoo! :boogie:

Bow before the royal presence of Evin- Contessa Dela Corrugated Cardboard Boxes, Supreme Tsarina of Sarcasm and all Manner of Sinister Silliness, also heredity title holder of All-Mighty Alliteration and Heir-Apparent of Hair

I was the emperor of reading almost all night at work and getting paid for it. Seems I get to play that role almost every time I go to work! :D

One of my housemates loves Emperor Norton, so I was excited to hear this. :D

I mean, he is pretty freaking cool. It takes something special to have your crazy magical delusions become reality, and then drag so many people in to it. :p

Oh San Francisco... lol

Back in 1859 I wonder if he was the first one to advocate removing a bickering & partisan Congress by force?

I'll bet the old guy never imagined the sorta partisanship we've got going on now! :D

Back