What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is San Francisco in the summer.

• Thread starter Capslock
  • Start date
so what all is done on your rx7, if that is what you own? Where do you race? MSR or one of the drag strips? Wanna try me in my dad's S55
smile_m_32.gif

Its just a stripped rx7 (FC). I can't race it right now because the motor is sitting in my room. I'm trying to save up for a race port. Aside from that its pretty much a race car, its got nothing but a seat, a cage, and a dash inside, and the motor has nothing on it but a carb and an exhaust. Its a PAIN to drive on regular streets but still fun.

I used to be into the drag race thing until I got to road race for the first time. Now its all about the twistys for me, strait line racing is cool but I'm just not as into it as I was before.

I'll kill your S55 on the corners.
smile.gif
Whenever I get my FC back on the road you can challenge me anyday.

I have to concede to that. He does have a M6 or CLK63 AMG coming in, then I'd be able to give you at least a little more run for your money. I bet that thing is even way faster in a straight line now(!) Stripped down and all. I know several people who have membership at Motorsports Ranch, I could get you some track time out there if you were ever interested. You DO have another car for the streets, right? What plants do you grow?

Yeah I drive around in a big box (Scion XB) on normal streets. Sometimes I take the FC out and attempt to drive it on public streets. It's fun makeing everyone go deaf
smile.gif
Ever heard a rx7 with only a header and the few feet of exhaust going out the side? You can hear me coming for miles.

Thanks for the offer but it's gonna be a while before I can get my motor back in.

So far Ive been growing the really easy stuff (VFT's, Sarra's, common neps) but I do have a Hamata and a Bical along with a Ceph and a few others.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 25 2006,3:55)]I would absolutely loveliving in S.F.! That's perfect weather for me. I'll take your 60's & 70's temps during the summer, any day.
Me too! In Eureka, we are about 10 degrees cooler than San Francisco. 60s and 70s seem much better to me than our highs of 50s and 60s in the summer. Try wearing a sweater all summer.

Back