What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking Exercise of the day.

Dang, Xvart got it. I would like to say another riddle, but I'll let someone else go, unless no one else tells one.

Here goes one but capensis, pet or anyone who knows it because I already told them please don't say anything.

A Detective is investigating a club in which they suspect illegal drugs are being sold. He observes the entrances, and through his sound amplifier he hears the code to enter. The Guard says 6, and two men say 3, and they are allowed to enter. Later, Another group of men come up to the door, the guard says twelve, the men say 6. They are let in. The detective believes he knows the code and goes under cover. The Guard says 4, the detective says 2, he is immediatley shot and killed. What is the code?

He has to equal what the guard says.

Mr Truncata what do you mean by equal?

I guess I'm not allowed to answer it. :x

I mean that his number has to be equal to the guard's number.

Nope thats incorrect Mr Truncata.

I have no idea :D or DO i?

matei

Mr. Truncata had it - the answers have to add up to what the guard said. Two men saying 3 (2x3) = 6 and two (assuming that was a group of 2) saying 6 (2x6) = 12. The detective should have answered 4 (1x4) = 4. But there are other possible answers.

no, that's not the actual code, but it was what the detective should have said. you don't know for sure that the second group of men consisted of 2 ppl.

matei

lol, um is it that you have to say how many letters are in the number, so six has 3 letters, twelve has 6 letters, and four has 4 letters? lol I heard that before! my aunt knows a lot of riddles...

Well, since I guess Ant answered it, I'ma go say my riddle.

A Panda Bear walked into a resturant. He sat down at a table and ordered some food. When he was finished eating, he took out a gun and shot his waiter. He then left the resturant. After the police caught up with him, they asked him why he had killed the waiter. He replied, "Look me up in the dictionary." What did the dictionary say?

how did ant get a point, i didnt see him post anywhere one the first one. Panda =white and black, bearlike animal of asia. bear = 2nd def. Rough; rude person.

He figured it out before last night in our conversation of riddles.

A Panda Bear walked into a resturant. He sat down at a table and ordered some food. When he was finished eating, he took out a gun and shot his waiter. He then left the resturant. After the police caught up with him, they asked him why he had killed the waiter. He replied, "Look me up in the dictionary." What did the dictionary say?

"Eats shoots and leaves..." lol Old joke.

Yay for Est! I wonder why the mods are figuring out all my riddles. :x

Because it doesnt state that they are siblings...which is different than brothers. :p

Oops...I'm waaaaay late and didn't read everything. DUH

Plantakiss that riddle was answered, if they aren't twins they can be triplets and s on, also II did say they have the same biologival parents :D

Back