What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the possum killer.....................

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
pretty harmless looking huh?
Untitled-7-1.jpg

with her x-mas haul
Untitled-2-5.jpg

munching on her x-mas card from the girls
Untitled-1-3.jpg

and on to the blood shed
Untitled-4-2.jpg

Untitled-6-3.jpg

Untitled-5-4.jpg

and the possum's buddy trying to save him.....unfortunatly the camera battery dies before i got pics of his dimise..........
Untitled-3-4.jpg

hmmmmmm...............no comments on my pup.....guess its back to pictures of frogs.................
tounge.gif

Very nice. Thank you for sharing. I like the Xmas card pic the best
smile.gif

What breed is it?

schipperke.........roughly 20 months old. we have had her since she was about 9 weeks old..............absolute terror but will be your best friend if you will rub her belly

humm i dont think i have ever heard of that breed. Actually, i might post my own dogs, come to think of it.

its a breed thats been around along time. originally from Belgium. however never been very popular over here. while very intellegent they have an independent streak a mile wide. Bear will quickly learn tricks however she refuses to do any unless you have a treat in your hand(she inspects the hand before preforming) if you dont have a treat she turns around and walks away looking for more entertaining things to do. her absolute favorite pass time is treeing the girls on the top bunk of their bunk beds and terrorizing her toys as pictured above but most of the time she can be found lounging on the back of the couch watching everything thats going on, waiting on an excuse to play

Oh the graphic pics of a possum being ripped to shreads. I casn't bear to look.

Haha.. I was kinda expecting a pic of the dog with a bloody muzzle and a dead 'possum at it's feet.
You fooled me!

dont get me wrong, this pups got the potential for being a killer though she has a healthy respect for cats after an old tom kicked her arse. they were bred to kill small fuzzy things(rats on barges specifically) and she goes freaking bonkers if you take one of the chinchillas out cause she wants to get a hold of it and tear it appart. they are supposed to be pretty good mousers as well. kinda reminds me of actuall working bloodlines of rat terriers

Neat dog!
oh.gif

I was going to say that it looks like a mix between a Rat Terrier and a Corgi...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (joossa @ Jan. 04 2007,2:35)]Neat dog!
oh.gif

I was going to say that it looks like a mix between a Rat Terrier and a Corgi...
she doesnt like being compared to a corgi, she does not have lil stubby legs, she does not have satilite dishes for ears.................besides my sister in law has a corgi and bear doesnt like him so there
nana.gif

Awww I remember when you got her! Wow she's all grown up. I can't believe that the puppy you posted pics of all those months ago has now turned into a vicious (sp?) killer
sad.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haha.. I was kinda expecting a pic of the dog with a bloody muzzle and a dead 'possum at it's feet.
You fooled me!
Yes haha i thought the same.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]she goes freaking bonkers if you take one of the chinchillas out cause she wants to get a hold of it and tear it appart. they are supposed to be pretty good mousers as well. kinda reminds me of actuall working bloodlines of rat terriers
Yeh our dogs are bred to kill small animals as well. Dont say the word "Squirrel!" in front of them!

I remember my parents' late schipperke getting loose in a parking lot and she was dashing about at full speed beneath parked cars. The only way to figure out where she was heading was to lay down and get the rat's eye view. Another cool thing about them is they're very cat-like, in a good way. Not in one of the millions of possible bad ways.

i always refered to her as part squirrel but your right on them being sorta cat like. she loves to climb and i have found her 8 feet or more up a tree in the backyard on more than one occation. ive never seen a dog short of hounds with a critter treed show any interest at climbing, especially just for the sake of climbing like she does. the first month or so we had her and would take her over to my parents. each time she would have to conqure a new piece of furniature.

she's very pretty. kinda looks like my cat.

hmmmm... wonder if the hubby would notice if i outed the cat and got one of those dogs. pull a little switch-a-roo. not that i don't like the cat, our daughter's just allergic to cats.

Back