What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the kids are wondering what is up with this?!?!

im wondering what is up with this?!?!

So we have a little typical VFT and i noticed its growing new traps inbetween many of the already established leaves as well as the original growth points. At first i thought it was just getting ready to split its rhizome but its got soo many emerging traps from random spots im not really sure what its doing hahaha! Not that i find any of it bad i do find it very different then what ive expirenced during rhizomes splitting.

Heres a few pictures of what i mean:

20150614_130822.jpg

20150614_130749-1.jpg

Last edited:
No one ever seen this happen before to one of their plants?

Seems like it is just creating new growth points to me

That phenomenon is generally an artifact of micropropagation -- TC -- and will slow with time. Plant growth regulators tend to remain in plant tissues for quite a while . . .

Last edited:
It just seemed really strange to me that its creating so much new growth from between already grown leaves and other strange places by the tons! Weve had this plant for a few years that was growing pretty normally until recently i was counting trap production to put in our study book and i was really surprised with how its suddenly growing!

Bigbella- does tc occur with seed grown plants? Cause this was grown from seed so thats why i seemed kinda surprised with its growth. It looks like it created its own leaf pulling from established leaves that are still firmly attached to the rhizome

Back