What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Freek

I bought this plant several months ago and it has done some strange things.

First it did this

z1.jpg

Now it has decided to start growing :banana2:

It has 5 new leaves growing at same time

Z2.jpg

This is why I always recommend you don't water is with kryptonite...

I'm more amazed that you only paid $3.50 for that plant? Where on Earth (or maybe in this case Mars) did you get that?

Looks like a keeper to me! :-D

This thing is either just out of tissue culture or very, very robust and ambitious.

I'm more amazed that you only paid $3.50 for that plant? Where on Earth (or maybe in this case Mars) did you get that?

The place I bought it from has 2-3 trays of them for $3.50 so I bought 8 of them. I have had it for more than 7 months. At the start it only had the one leaf at a time and was not doing much for the first few months.

The tag that was on it when I got it said it was Nepenthes Mirabilis. But after finding out my Edwardsiana x Burbidgeae is not what it was labeled as I'm not sure. ???

It's just surprising, since most of the one's they sell in my neck of the woods are just N. x 'Ventrata' and N. x 'Judith Finn.' Clearly, I'm in the wrong neck of the woods...

Back