What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fantasy Genre has lost a giant - Robert Jordan

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
I know there's a few fantasy fans floating around here but it is truly a sad day because Robert Jordan passed away yesterday afternoon from amyloidosis. He was working on the final novel of his epic fantasy series: The Wheel of Time, which currently has 11 books and 1 prequel. I am sad that the series will not be completed by him but I am more sad that the world will receive no more of his storytelling. He often talked about how he already had another series in mind for when WoT was completed.

He was a giant in the fantasy world and by a one simple sentence on a couple of covers for new author's books he launched their careers. It is a sad day indeed. I've been reading WoT for about a decade and remember some of the greatest conversations with my friends on the rooftops of their houses discussing, debating, and fighting over theories we had in the incredible world that was created by this master. For those moments alone, I will forever be indebted to Robert Jordan.

Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain.

xvart.

I'm sorry for your loss. I've never read his works but I recall the covers of some of those WoT books being a big fan of well rendered fantasy art. Myself I'm basically a Lovecraft only fiction reader, "one of those freaks who only reads Lovecraft" according to Brian Lumley.

The world is a poorer place when an artist, writer or musician dies but at least through their works they are truly immortal.

dude i read the first 3 of those books. I was like 12 and since they're about 1000 pages, they took me forevarrrr. They were pretty good though

Back