What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 30's are coming!

Alright, tonight my area is gonna get down into the 30's. I know I should bring in the Nep's, leave the Sarr's and VFT's out, but what should I do about 2 D.Adelae's and 3 Bromeliads?

-Rail

Id bring them inside also

Edited to add that was just a guess I dont grow neither plants but I believe that since they are from warmer climates they would apreciate not being frozen.

Just to be safe should I stick the Sarr's and VFT's under a bush. It looks like a freezing wind is gonna come through.

-Rail

Air temp is not so vital as soil temps. A freezing wind won't do much, but if the temps are likely to cause soil in your pots to freeze, then you need to somehow insulate the pots (and thus the roots).

We've had a few dips into low thirties here, and I did nothing at all to my Sarrs and VFTs. They are just peachy, not even really showing dormancy signs yet. Daytime temps are still disturbingly high here for Nov. I'm in SW Indiana, BTW.

I would bring in the D adelae, I had half of mine outside and half in as an experiment, and the outside ones haven't liked the weather at all. The inside ones were happy, so I brought in the rest a few days ago.

I know nothing about bromeliads, sorry.

D. adelae, i'd bring in. Dunnno much about bromeliads. Take them in just to be safe.

Lol, it's snowing here... 30 will be the high for the next 3 days..

This is a misleading topic...I thought you were turing 30 soon.

It was in the 30's and very windy today in Michigan. Brrrrrr!

I used to be able to brag about living in Florida untill...
COLORADO got down to 11 this week, we've had about 10" of snow so far in the year

Back