What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

testing out the shops new camera

The wife decided we needed another digital camera for the office.......since mine broke a few months ago she has finally realized just how much we used my personal point and shoot for work. the local RadioShack had a Sony Cyber-shot S700 7 megapixel camera on sale so she picked one up today for $130 without memory card......she really wanted another Canon but we REALLY need 2 cameras for work tonight covering a basketball tournament and the fireman's ball both happening at the same time...........so naturally i brought it home to test it out :grin: remember these pics are without me reading the manual :grin:

D. zigzagia.......im about 100% sure its the real deal now cause the petals poking out of the opening bud are yellow

DSC00003.jpg

pygmy's

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

my Cephs.....the reddish ones are fairly new out of TC.....the green ones are my 3rd plant(killed the first 2) and i had thought i killed it but just as soon as i got the TC plants it popped back up from the roots.......which goes to show yah that you never throw out a CP pot till yah have kept it around awhile

DSC00009.jpg

P. 'YuccaDo 1717'
DSC00010.jpg

my hamata growing up.......needs a hair cut and braces :grin:
DSC00013.jpg

have got some dinking around to do buit so far not bad results without reading the manual :grin:

Okay I am stuck between cybershot and the olympus :D Nice pics awsome pings and dews :D

Very nice shots.

I've been extremely happy with all the Sony cameras I've had over the years.

Lightings very point and shoot.

I like the last sundew though

no the lighting is mostly sans flash.......i dont blaim the flash even on digital SLR's i have yet to see a camera come with a flash thats more than just OK........most of them just plain suck........all in all its not bad for a cheap digital......definatly cheaper made than the Cannon that died on me after over 2 years of service, being hauled around in my pocket.......the wife was surprised it lasted as long as it did......im very hard on equipment. there is no way i would have spent MY money on this camera but for a back up for the shop, using the shops money it will do for now.....be surprised if it lasts intact a year though......

*cough* Canon!

lol :poke:

Your right its good for a cheap digital, I was just saying it is very Point and shoot white balance, which is affected by the flash, Nothing that cant be fixed in a photo editing program. On DSLR cameras if you learn how to use the White Balance you can get some good photos.

I'm just being picky though.

Back