What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terraforums Fantasy Nascar Racing 09

Thanks for setting me straight vft guy. Sometimes I'm dumb... real dumb. :)

I can't wait until the daytona 500. It's almost here. Jeff Burton said that the track was going to be at it's best for the Bud Shootout last Saturday night. If he's right this is going to be a wreck fest, because the track was so bad almost nobody could control their car except for Jeff Gordon. I still can't believe the way he missed all those cars that was wrecking in front of him. That was amazing and I'm not a Gordon, but if you watch that you have to respect him.

PAK you always have an excuse to why you lose. Nobody cares who leads the first few laps and nobody cares who led at the begining of the season last year. What maters is who wins the race. A good driver knows how to lay back and let the competion use up their own equipment. Same thing with the fantasy leuage, you have to know how to maximize the points each week over the whole season.

Good luck Pak, you're going to need it.

I am confused. well nothing new, but, do I have to make my picks before the duels?
Thanks

yes you have to pick your drivers, usually by Thursday before the race.

The Daytona 500 is not a normal race. Everything is different about it. So is the deadline to choose your drivers. If you look on your team page you will see the deadline to choose your drivers for the next race.
Deadline to select or edit your drivers is Feb 15 12:35pm PST

We have 7 racers in the league.
If you have thought about joining, now is the time.
Missing points for a race will be hard to make up during the season.

Still time to sign up!

We need some more women in there!

Hope everybody is ready!

In November, I went to a Hooters cup race at Rockingham. There was an awesome wreck that happened where a car flipped onto it's side and actually drove on it's side half way down the backstretch then flipped over.

Just to set the mood for tomorrows race at Daytona, here's the video. The wreck starts just after 7 min and 50 sec.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w-fJt9WhyWI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w-fJt9WhyWI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's a great race so what it all if you want.

im in xP, but im clueless too, where do you racE?

YOU don't race, you just have to pick the driver's you think will either win the race, lead the most laps, lead at least one lap... it,s a points based system if i understand correctly, i'd love to join, but i haven't the slightest clue as to who is hot and who is not. Besides, cp's and my gf keep me busy enough, but have fun to those involved!

"Let's go racing boys!!!!" Yeah, and don't forget to get out of the way when the faster drivers, such as myself, pass you by. :-D :woot:

I won the first race...beating all these young boys spouting off at the mouth about women and racing,

HAR DE HAR HAR!

STILL time to join in the fun and kick some arragant male butt.

And just for the record... ahem....I won the second race too!

:-))

I know we are only in the 5th week of racing, but is the competition tight in mid pack!

From 2nd place to 6th place the difference is only 17 points!

How bout that guy in 1st?

Back