What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take a look before they are gone...

• Thread starter Cindy
  • Start date

Cindy

Staff member
I haven't the ideal ambient conditions for them so this is the best they look.
March9.jpg

March8.jpg

March10.jpg

Once a year, the plants will die back...as the examples below. They do come back stronger though. :)
March11.jpg

March20.jpg

Very Beautiful Cindy,

:hail:

Why do they die-back on you though?

The equatorial thing has me confused. There's not much seasonality.

Those look great, I wish that I had some like those.

wow great cephs those things are awesoime. i wish my plant was that big. its still very small.

It could be the plants' internal clocks doing their own thing. VFTs does the same here. However, "seasonal" changes can be quite abrupt e.g. when monsoon season comes, there ain't any prior warning...it is a week of hot and dry weather and the next week, it is thunder and loads of rain.

If anyone noticed, they lose most of the mature foliage leaving only the immature behind. This behaviour could be similar to their growing cycles in the wild but I have the least idea except that plants in the wild died back during the heat of summer and slow down their growth during winter.

I forgot to add that the plants do not die back around the same time. Some do while others just continue growing in the same conditions.

Beautiful plants as always, Cindy . . .

Back