What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SUCCESS!!

glider14

Always a newbie
YES! first flower off U. sandersonii since early May!! its been growing for a while and the whole thing had quintupled in size and im very happy. so far 2 flower stalks have come up. about how many flowers will be on each stalk? and how long do they last??
Alex

varries, 2, 4, i think i counted 7 one time. not sure how long the last 5 maybe 7 days?

awesome.
Alex

the main reason i have no clue how long they last is usually when sandersonii starts blooming it usually puts on quite a show and i havent put forth the effort of keeping track of any one flower. mine usually stay in bloom for 6-8 months, break for a few months at which time i divide in half and repot and in a month or two it starts blooming and the process starts over again.

wow 6-8 months. im in for a treat now aint i?
Alex

yep now get yourself U. tricolor and prepare for a lesson in frustration
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Oct. 20 2006,12:33)]yep now get yourself U. tricolor and prepare for a lesson in frustration
smile_n_32.gif
I got one lousy flower from the tricolor at least and 2 teardrop buds from the blue version of sandersonii. The white one goes pretty much nuts.

Somehow I've got sandersonii in and amongst my U. tricolor. They send up a steady stream of bunny ears, but big brother doesn't know how to take a hint.
confused.gif

Back