What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storm Chaser

I would love to be a Storm Chaser because I'm interested in storms and Tornaodes.

Do you mean as a job or as a hobby? I used to work with people who did that. They were physicists. I used to love storms, but now I have a house and think too much about the basement, open windows, trees over the car and so on. Good luck.

Thanks and as a hobby. Here is a picture I took of a storm here and it had rotation in it.
Storm.jpg

What do you think about it?

kcstarguy / Dreric is a stormchaser.

I've wanted to be a tornado chaser since I saw the movie "Twister" back in 1996.

However, I've decided against it because they get paid next to nothing. But it would still be fun.

Here's a picture of a storm near my house that had a developing tornado, but all it did was spin around (no funnel actually developed)

thisone2.jpg

thisone3.jpg

Very cool storm pictures and that is a Mesocyclone. Thanks for sharing and I have seen that move Twister also.

never seen a twister.....they happen here, one hit my uncles place back in the 70's.......we usually have some real good thunder storms though......scariest thing ive ever seen was a few years ago where i watched a thunderhead drop out of the sky a few thousand feet over the course of about 10 seconds a few miles to the north of me.......found out the next day that whatever in the hell it was i saw produced some straight line winds they figure were in excess of 100mph.......flipped over a few trailer houses that werent properly secured....blew the siding off one house.....blew in the windows of another.......cant imagine what woulda happened had it dropped 4 miles to the west right over town....

My former neighbor used to be a storm chaser and TIME magazine ripped of one of their pictures. I believe it was this cover that his group took, and then TIME "took." I was over at his place five to eight years ago and he held up the original and then held up the TIME cover. I think they settled it out of court...

1101960520_400.jpg

xvart.

Back