What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting College!!!

I dont know if Im the only one but Im starting college this year. I'm going to UC Davis, an hour drive from home. I wont have anyplace to bring my plants, so I've left them at my parents for now. I'll be spending lots more time on here, to fill the void. Im excited to be here, Davis has a good botony dep(bio-sci in general). Since CPs have been so fun I'm starting out as a botony major.

good luck to all the other students on here!

-Chris

You left your plants with your parents?!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Anyways... will botany be your major? Living in the dorms? Have ya had dining hall food yet? Brings ome extra Pepto Bismol! Oh yeah... don't get to distracted by the freedoms! Try reading lecture notes while waiting between classes, everyday. When attention span is only good for 10 or 15 minutes, that's the best time to get the material reinforced for exams. And then you won't forget it the day after.

Enjoy! UC Davis is a great choice, especially for someone into plants. My bioclimatology professor got his PhD there or began teaching there (I can't remember which) and continued working with them years later and raved about all the options, research interests, and facilities at Davis. That was 17 years ago, before lots of years of CA axing education funding, but it's a top university for what you're interested in.

Back