What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stapelia pearsonii flower

:0o:WOW is that cool, love the little fringes/hairs thats hanging off each petal. I have herd and read that some stapelia flowers can stink like rotting meat. Thanks tons for sharring trek....

Awwweeeeesome!!! Love the color!!

Man, I wish I could find some kind of (semi-)comprehensive list rank-ing (haha-:nono:hit me for the pun later) of the strength and scent of the various stapelia, huernia, etc flowers. All of mine are far from flowering I fear so I must live through online postings... At least based on your two posts I have a starting list of which of yours smells or not. How many different species do you have?

haha, my only two plants that i have had flower smell, but they aren't very strong. neither of them smell up the whole house or anything (fortunately!). the only other plant that i have had flower is the huernia that i posted a while ago. its first flower didn't smell, but all of its flowers since then have smelt terrible!! you have to sniff the flower for a smell and it smells like a dead animal when you do.

i have about 7 different species of orbea, huernia, and stapeliads.

I'm glad the computer screen doesn't have "scratch and sniff" options. I think one of my relatives had one. Looked like it and smelled like rotting poultry products.

Back