What's new

stapelia pearsonii flower

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
:0o:WOW is that cool, love the little fringes/hairs thats hanging off each petal. I have herd and read that some stapelia flowers can stink like rotting meat. Thanks tons for sharring trek....

Man, I wish I could find some kind of (semi-)comprehensive list rank-ing (haha-:nono:hit me for the pun later) of the strength and scent of the various stapelia, huernia, etc flowers. All of mine are far from flowering I fear so I must live through online postings... At least based on your two posts I have a starting list of which of yours smells or not. How many different species do you have?

haha, my only two plants that i have had flower smell, but they aren't very strong. neither of them smell up the whole house or anything (fortunately!). the only other plant that i have had flower is the huernia that i posted a while ago. its first flower didn't smell, but all of its flowers since then have smelt terrible!! you have to sniff the flower for a smell and it smells like a dead animal when you do.

i have about 7 different species of orbea, huernia, and stapeliads.

Clue

clippity-clip-clip
I'm glad the computer screen doesn't have "scratch and sniff" options. I think one of my relatives had one. Looked like it and smelled like rotting poultry products.