What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squirrels attacted to CPs?

i have my CPs (VFTs, Droseras, Sarracenias, etc) on a shelf in my backyard and am having the damnest time keeping the squirrels at bay. the pots are small and they dont actually eat the plants, they just dig in them and knock them over. reeeeeally annoying! any suggestions on keeping the buggers away, short of shooting them w a pellet gun?

Daniel

We spray the squirrels with a jet of water to repel them. Sure, they come back, but it keeps them from doing too much damage.

A hungry squirrel is fond of my Sarracenia rhizomes.

Chicken wire enclosure lol. Squirrels don't bother my sarrs or vfts....

Agreed, a chicken wire cage is a good idea. I've done it before and they never bothered my Sarrs again.

Thankfully, like I said, squirrels or animals generally don't bug my plants, so I don't have to worry about chicken wire, but I know people who use it to keep em away.

guns ftw. Dogs too. Get a pet dog and never have to worry about vertabrate pests attacking your cps!

That's probably why squirrels don't get to mine, hahaha. My chihuahua chases em like hell.

Bird netting has worked well for me in the past. It is cheap and easy to work with.

Back