What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sprink Break in Japan!

DavyJones

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level
Hi everybody! As some of you might know, I just went to Japan for a week for spring break. Although I didn't see any CPs at all, I thought I would share about 10 of my best pictures. It was hard to pick, but I have a photobucket album up with 180 total, plus about 400 total on my computer from the trip. So... enjoy!

Entrance to a Garden in Matsuyama Japan
IMG_2223.jpg

Washing my hands on the way into a Shrine
IMG_2249.jpg

Statues at the Shrine
IMG_2264.jpg

Really old Hot Spring/Bath House in Matsuyama
IMG_2270.jpg

He was really happy I wanted to take a picture with him
IMG_2319.jpg

Goodbye Matsuyama
IMG_2342.jpg

The Land of the Rising Sun
IMG_2353.jpg

Hiroshima - The only remnants after the A-Bomb
IMG_2467.jpg

Eternal Flame
IMG_2479.jpg

Taking the Bullet Train to Kyoto
IMG_2504.jpg

Spiffy Shrine
IMG_2512.jpg

A different one
IMG_2532.jpg

Welcome to Tokyo
IMG_2620.jpg

Anybody watch Iron Chef? My friend and I with the Iron Chef Italian. Great food!
IMG_2623.jpg

The biggest electronics store ever! It had a driving range on the roof!
IMG_2636.jpg

Tokyo Buildings
IMG_2646.jpg

Ok, so maybe it was a few more then 10. But there were so many good ones to share! Hope you enjoy them. It was such a fascinating place!

wow some US advertisements.. not a suprise

cool trip! Mine spring break sucks.

tokyo was cool reminds me of like newyork with all the ads on the buildings.

Japan sounds really fun...I like how it's a mix between like old architectural styles, and newer ones...all the buildings in Portland are really lame...the only cool ad we got on a building here is the Tonkin mural with a picture of a bunch of cupids flying around with car keys for arrows...and that's been there as far back as i can remember.

-Gabe

I'd LOVE to visit some of the shrines and temples of the Buddha. That would greatly humble me and put me in such a state of awe as I have not yet experienced.

i would love to do what BuddhistAdam said , but i would really want to go to Tibet and pray there(if only i won the lottery)

Are those the Olson Twins on the right ad on the "Welcome to Tokyo" picture? LOL :)

Looks like you had a great time.

I dig the Bullet Train. :)

Awesome photos! I don't know if Tibet is a good place to visit right now...

I love Iron Chef America... and love Masaharu Marimoto. He's a hoot with his understated but honorable manner. But I've never see that Chef. ???

I've never really cared for Oriental things but you do have to marvel at the temples.

Lucky you to have had that trip. I'll bet you had a blast. Thanks for sharing so I can live vicariously. :)

I like the Hiroshima pic best.

That Iron Chef is from the original Japanese version, with IMHO is much better then the new one. Morimoto was also on this show. The guy I saw was the youngest, but also perhaps the most exciting one to watch. I was sooo happy to meet him, it was a boyhood dream one could say.

Seeing the other side of the world was really eye opening.

Wow those photos are breathetaking, it must of been an awsome trip!

Back