What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring pitchers

CP30

A Cajun(isc) Carnivore
It is spring and I just needed to post my enthusiasm! What do your flowers look like? I see a huge bud count, I expect this thread to grow long - beware dial up users!

Flowers! (S flava rugelii)
Flowers.jpg

Sarr bog 1 (mainly purps)
sarrbog1.jpg

Sarr bog 2 (hybrids)
sarrbog2JPG.jpg

Sarr bog 3 (mainly leucos, some flava)
sarrbog3.jpg

The jail, to keep kids and dogs out! (don't they look soo sad without their freedom?)
Thejail.jpg

looking out from jail, a few alatas look longingly to the sun
Covington, LA
SalataCovington.jpg

Gulfport, MS
SalataGulfport.jpg

A minor "Okeechobee" Giant finally blooms (after 4 years!)
SminorOkeechobeeGiant.jpg

A few close ups:

the leuco buds alraedy braced for the wind and their tall pitchers
leucos.jpg

this flava is already spent!
alreadyspent.jpg

the purps:
venosa
Spurpureavenosa.jpg

venosa
Spurpureapitchers.jpg

venosa var. burkii
Spurpureasspvenosavarburkii.jpg

venosa var. burkii
Sroseapitchers.jpg

the anto-cyanin free is budding!!
Spurpureaantho-cyaninfree.jpg

You sure that minor giant is "Okeechobee" and not Okefenokee??

Yeah,what Pyro said!I have never heard of it.Nice plants by the way!

Jerry

im loving it!
Their should be a Mcdonalds cup with that, vft's neps sundews and sarrs on it and a the im loving it thing on it!!

LOL cheers

cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pyro @ Mar. 20 2006,12:52)]You sure that minor giant is "Okeechobee" and not Okefenokee??
I received the plant from Andrew Marshall who confirmed it was from a bog near a lake Okeechobee in southern FL. Minor is the only native sarr species found south of Gainesville, Lake Okeechobee is the southernmost point where the minor is naturally found. Andrew found this "giant" form in a bog that was destroyed to build a strip mall.

No more pics of your sarrs?!?!?!
confused.gif

Whats the substrate in the last two pics?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ April 01 2006,9:05)]Whats the substrate in the last two pics?
The standard 50:50 peat:sand (roughly). It has been potted for 2.5 years, it is getting time to repot - you can see how it has separated from the edges over the years as it has dried out and been rehydrated. I now have mushrooms growing out of that gap
confused.gif

Back