What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(spathulata x aristo) x (lowii x ventricosa)

This cross is bound to have a lot of variation in it. It's probably hard to find two plants that are alike. This little one is showing a lot of promise in its coloration and wide peristome with a narrow mouth:
P1100277.jpg

I'm not sure why, but this one always seems to have this curvey pitcher body. I like the way the lid is already reflexing back like lowii (and look at those glands):
P1100278.jpg

This is the darkest and most interesting peristome in the group. It looks somewhat talangensis-like:
P1100276.jpg

P1100275.jpg

Woah, now that is an interesting looking Nepenthes. Strange, a few of those don't even resemble aristolochiodes at all. Very nice though, can't wait to see them more.

i grow this cross, my pitchers are short and tubby and very much resemble aristo

Post 'em up. I imagine there is a lot of variation in this cross. With 4 species involved, any one of the grandparents could dominate. I see a little aristo in the introgressed peristome and spotted pitcher body. Have you seen the mother? I'm not positive, but I did find this photo from EP:
spathxaris.jpg

another hybrid i need....dammit man your going to break me :D

Aristo corsses are always great. Nice pictures.

Back