What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southeastern growers?

• Thread starter dlybrand
  • Start date
Are there any growers in and around Tennessee? So far I've never met any or seen any on the forums.

-D. Lybrand

I live in Georgia,thats next to Tennessee.So do Pyro,Brooks Garcia and many others.

Jerry

Thanks. Any others? I'm looking for people who might be able to help me reopen a botanical garden/form a cp society.

-D. Lybrand

I live in NC, That's also next to TN. I'm only 450 miles from the TN border.

Only 450?! Why, you could just walk over here, couldn't you?

If you could help, I'd appreciate it. I'm making a list of growers to contact as soon as I've got some info from Cheekwood. They used to have botanical gardens, but had to shut them down and send all their plants to Atlanta. However, it's also a museum which still operates so the facilities may be usable.

-D. Lybrand

If I can help, let me know. Maybe you can contact the NASC to see if you can work with them. I'm sure they will help you out.

The owner of http://www.cpjungle.com is in or near Memphis and you should try contacting him.  He shut down his operation a couple years ago and seemed to be getting back up to speed last year, but stopped.  I've never ordered from him or communicated with him, but his website's Nepenthes University is very informative and there are some nice Sarracenia field trip photos too. I ended up as the regional head grower for TN, KY, MS, & AL and live in CT, so that might say something about the number of growers in the area.

Hooray! What part? Ever heard of Cheekwood? It is in Nashville.

-D. Lybrand

yep, live in Nashville. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to visit yet.

Well, due to lack of funds they laid off a lot of workers and closed the gardens a few years ago. I was thinking about using cuttings of my own collection to kind of start it off (yeah, like people'd pay to see that!
smile_n_32.gif
)

I also live in Nashville, so we should try working on this over the summer. Others from outside TN: If you're ever in the area, I'd appreciate help!

-D. Lybrand

Back