What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something is Growing

Hi everyone

As usual no pics............

Okays getting into the point....My N Rajah is grown is LFS and perlite but for the inner layer its cocochips...So as for the topping its LFS......Recently the middle part of the LFS which is from Fauzi seems to be turning slightly light green and isn't so much that it looks like algae...Its just small parts and it doesn't expand much.So when i checked today there are tiny leaf like things coming out from the moss there are like 5-10 of those tiny 1 cm tall leaves....I pulled some out and it doesn't seem to have roots or maybe i just pulled the leaf off i don't know but its just something that hasn't grown on any of my other nep or CP pots .....

Ken

Hi Carnivoure12

No it doesn't look like that...It looks like some leaf which is green unlike the spores of sphagmum....I'm just afraid it will kill my plant.....But so far its still okay.........You know what it reminds me off??? Looks like urtic leaves on the ground but obviously its not

Ken

Hmmm what shape are the leaves?

Hi

At the base of the visible parts it looks whitish green which is around 1-2mm in width and when it reaches the middle to the end its slightly wider around 3-5mm ....and its greener in the middle to top.......Well its just like a normal leaf.And also its stands erected

Ken

Hi everyone

Well pics ain't much useful here but just for the sake of it

Heres some pics
The middle of the pic which has a greenish number 1 shaped leaf
24012009575.jpg

A little further
24012009576.jpg

And the 3.5" rajah which grew half an inch in a month
24012009577.jpg

Ken

I'd guess its some kind of grass.