What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something I have noticed

• Thread starter pon14
  • Start date
I'm 14 :D But hesitate from freebies that I already have unless there is excess. I try to keep my spelling right but sometimes get the names of CPs wrong :( He is annyoing but hey he might change but who know ? He does have a IP address and he has been signing up on all of the known forums that I know of. So he could get banned/get a bad reputation when they match his old IP with his new different user name. I dunno what's going to happen but he is on WOC,CPUK,Carnivourous Plants of the Tropics and I think that's it.
Well there my 2 cents

Err Umm ??? ...........................
"I work for the-carnivorous-plant-guys as a breeder/hybrider/experimenter is a nursery that I own I am also a experimenter. I try multiple things like multi gender plants or switching genders etc. I am a little low on plants...AKA 1 with a couple coming."

Last edited:
Nope...its definitely extinct. Mount Telang blew its top. I think back in '04, maybe '06...not sure about the year

Bummer I do like the looks of them but I have had NO luck with a terrarium setup ??? :crazy: :(

PK. on the pitcher plant board..... they discovered a "giant" form of N. talangensis on another mountain...i dunno if that was before Mt. talang blew though.
Alex

Hehe you are right. The eruption was in 05, but unless IUCN hasn't really checked into things, it was only listed as endangered in 06.

Either I was informed wrong, or interpreted it wrong. I think the type locality is now gone...or something. Don't know of anyone that has been there recently

EDIT: i keep looking around and can't see anything really definitive though. Some people say extinct, some say "nearly" extinct, and some some threatened. Regardless....a large amount of its habitat was destroyed so if it is not extinct in the wild, there are probably very few plants out there.

I just looked up the post on pitcherplants, and it was indeed on another mountain. Looks like talangensis needs a new name....

I inquired with Mr. Cantley and Mr. Wistuba. So far Rob answered and he did not know anyone who had checked.
I can't guarantee anything, since the distribution is not huge, but unless the mountain really exploded, it would be hard to exterminate.."I think."
But like you indicated, no point in arguing until somebody checks for sure.
Now about that giant form-WOW!

Cheers,

Joe

Back