What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Utricularia bladder close-ups

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
I've got a dinky little observation microscope and a point and shoot camera, but if you catch the light just right you can get a little bit of an image.

I think the plant might be U. longifolia... I cannot remember though. :suspect:

Behind glass.

Ooh, really cool! Do you have it growing in a clear container or did you move it just to get these pictures?

This is how I have them growing. I cut off the top of a liquor bottle. Someday I plan on having a dark colored base filled with water to put it in and take the lid off so that the traps can grow in water. I'm not sure if that would work but I imagine it would.

You could also cut a piece of window screen or other suitable mesh to fit the large diameter of the liquor bottle you have there and let them grow into the neck. The fact that you have a cap on the end would actually make it very convenient to do water changes without disrupting the plant itself.

Last edited:
You could also cut a piece of window screen or other suitable mesh to fit the large diameter of the liquor bottle you have there and let them grow into the neck. The fact that you have a cap on the end would actually make it very convenient to do water changes without disrupting the plant itself.

I think I get what you mean. Like I would remove the substrate from the neck of the bottle and just fill it with water?

Awesome pictures :D I love looking at utricularia bladders (that sounds really weird haha)

Back