What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some pics from today

Pulled out a few plants today to take some photos.
N. truncata
3013834804_5e851efc5e_o.jpg

N. muluensis x lowii
3012995157_935d75e834.jpg

N. hamata(AW), recovering after a broken growth tip
3013825874_24c381494d.jpg

N. mikei
3012984701_6562027ccf_o.jpg

Developing pitcher on mikei
3013815708_3860de902b.jpg

nice andrew, glad they are doing well for you!

Looking great! So is that mommy?

You've got a Hamata too...
hmph
Lookin good

wow very nice plants- does your truncata take forever to produce pitchers.
i don't know why mine is taking so long- like the pitcher stopped growing?- its been around a month now and the uniflated pitcher has not grown in size
any ideas?

Truncata is known for its slow growth, especially the highland variety, it thats what you have?

Yeah, it's the highland variety. The pitchers grow pretty quickly. I wouldn't call the plant a slow grower, more average. I've found it may come to a standstill for a month or two if you change the conditions. (ex: Move from the terrarium to a windowsill.)

DavyJones - Hamata isn't really that difficult or expensive to obtain compared to some other plants out there. Just keep your eyes peeled. ;)

Michael - Yep, that's mom!

nice!

Looking good! I hope your hamata gets better. :)

great looking plants man. :D

That is a wonderful red on that truncata, may I ask it's origin?

Good growing,

Rob

Thanks for the kind comments all.

Rob - It's the highland variety, got it from a nursery here in the US, though I don't know anything more about it's origins than that. ??? Sorry.

Back