What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some of you older folks may know what this is...

• Thread starter Dexenthes
  • Start date

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
My friend had this bad boy sitting around and it was destined for the dump if someone didn't take it away! So I did what had to be done and now I own a 1960 Hammond M3 organ. :D It came with the original receipts, owner's manual and everything else from 1961.

DSCN6985.jpg

It's got after market reverb and "electro-tone" tone generator. :p

DSCN6986.jpg

Look at the tubes on this thing! :lol: So legit. . .

DSCN6987.jpg

You are now ready to open your own church or roller skating rink!
Congrats!:-D

You are now ready to open your own church or roller skating rink!
Congrats!:-D

That's exactly what my dad said. :lol:

I think it's pretty rocking!

Nice! Does it have the Leslie speaker?

KEWL!!! I wanna hear some awesome prog rock outta you now! :D

KEWL!!! I wanna hear some awesome prog rock outta you now! :D

Uh oh, the pressure's on! :-D

I'll post a short video of me jamming on it tomorrow. :lol: I'm a guitar player, not a piano player... but I have a feeling I'll be playing a lot more keys in the time ahead!

Congratulations! Those old Hammonds were something else. I suppose you know how to oil the tone generator?

I love playing keyboards way more than the bass I started out with.

I've never gotten to play with an actual Hammond just the KORG synths supposedly simulating the Hammond sound... all those knobs and buttons whee!

Now if you could locate an armoire sized Moog to go with it! :D

Congratulations! Those old Hammonds were something else. I suppose you know how to oil the tone generator?

Actually I don't yet. :oops: I need to flip through the manual and get on that because it hasn't been oiled since 1961. :lol:

I love playing keyboards way more than the bass I started out with.

I've never gotten to play with an actual Hammond just the KORG synths supposedly simulating the Hammond sound... all those knobs and buttons whee!

Now if you could locate an armoire sized Moog to go with it! :D

Yeah I am getting way into keyboards lately. I bought a Korg Microsynth and that thing is so much fun. I gotta say though... this analog organ is a completely legit tone. So vintage....

What's a moog? :scratch:

It's great that you have the manuals, they should show how and where to apply the oil.
If you do decide to oil it you really should use only Hammond Generator Oil. You can still get it from Hammond or other places online.
Most of those organs had a little clip somewhere inside the cabinet holding a tube of oil. Look around a bit, you might find that you have a few ounces of oil.
By the way, if it is playing normally it probably doesn't really desperately NEED to be oiled, but if it hasn't been oiled since I was a toddler it could probably use it.
If one of the tone wheels locks up you will know it pretty quick.

Last edited:
It's great that you have the manuals, they should show how and where to apply the oil.
If you do decide to oil it you really should use only Hammond Generator Oil. You can still get it from Hammond or other places online.
Most of those organs had a little clip somewhere inside the cabinet holding a tube of oil. Look around a bit, you might find that you have a few ounces of oil.
By the way, if it is playing normally it probably doesn't really desperately NEED to be oiled, but if it hasn't been oiled since I was a toddler it could probably use it.
If one of the tone wheels locks up you will know it pretty quick.

Yeah it has a full tube of oil with it already. :-D I still haven't taken the time to locate the tone wheels yet. It DOES sound great though. An oiling couldn't hurt at all though. :-))

Dex: Here's some MOOG synthesizers: http://www.google.com/search?q=Moog...g&biw=1600&bih=868&sei=jcJwT6nML-KC2AXusIHxAQ

If you like buttons and knobs... MOOG! :D

Oh myyy gossh.. :0o: :lol: :lol:

Those things look so awesome!!

Ohhhh, awesome!! I love it!!
Some parts remind me of Owl City, lol...

Great find and great job, Dex! Congrats :D

Back